Law Asia has an independent International Advisory Council “IAC” of senior figures from industry, finance, government agencies and the professions. The IAC provides wisdom, perspective, feedback, advice, guidance, direction and added focus to Law Asia.
Law Asia International Advisory Council Members:-
- Göran Seifert (Swedish) (Chairman of IAC) - MD of advisory consultancy, Andapacific. Previously Asia Pac Head of Italcementi / Ciments Francais Group (Milan and Paris listed) with investments exceeding US$1 Bn in India, Thailand and China. Also previously Head of Regional Operations (Asia Pacific) for Philips. Sits on numerous boards in Asia and Europe.
- Tan Pheng Hock (Singaporean) (Past Chairman of IAC) – President/CEO of ST Engineering, one of Asia’s leading defence, infocomms and engineering MNCs (assets exceeding S$7bn). Board member of EDB Singapore, China Singapore Assn of Science and Technology, Sembawang Group, Neptune Orient Lines etc. Awarded Public Service Medal, Asian Leader award by Platinum Circle (2010), CNBC Asia Talent Management Award (2009) and first Asian CEO to receive Walter L. Hurd Foundation World Executive Medal (2007).
- Prof. Simon Chesterman (Australian) - Dean Law Faculty, National University of Singapore and Global Professor and Director of the New York University School of Law Singapore Programme. A former Rhodes Scholar, acknowledged expert on International Law and Editor of the Asian Journal of International Law. Previously United Nations' coordination office for Yugoslavia and International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda.
- Ray Ferguson (Singaporean) - Chief Executive, Singapore and Regional Chief Executive, Southeast Asia at Standard Chartered Bank. Previously CEO of Standard Chartered Bank Americas and before that CEO of Standard Chartered Bank UAE.
- Damian Hills (British) - – Mathematician and FCA. Managing Director of Alpha Advisory, a boutique corporate finance business, and Partner in Tristar Capital Partners. Previously MD M&A at Societe Generale Asia. Extensive Asian transaction and business management experience. Owner of a European real estate developer, Damian has acquired and successfully exited business and sits on numerous Boards across Asia.
- Daren Kemp (British) - Managing Partner and Global Head of the Industrial Practice at Heidrick & Struggles. Previously, co-leader for Global Markets for the Asia Pacific region and Leader for South East Asia.
- Andy Lim (Singaporean) -
Founder/ Chairman of private equity firm Tembusu Partners and Chairman of Viking Offshore & Marine Limited, a publicly listed company specializing in offshore and marine services. Also Executive Director of Associated Leisure International, a family holding company and Chairman of MoneyWorld Group of Companies. Previously Honorary Consul to the Republic of Lithuania.
- Marjo Louw (South African) - President of Sasol, Qatar- a USD 2 Billion investment by Sasol and its largest investment abroad. Former Asia Pacific Head of Sasol - Energy, Renewables and Power Specialist; Has run multi-national businesses in North Asia, SE Asia, Europe and now the Middle East. Former Chairman of the Singapore- South Africa Business Council.
- Mike Nithavrianakis (British) - Until recently the British Deputy High Commissioner in India, focusing on commerce and economic issues in Tamil Nadu, and before that also Karanataka and Kerala. Previous diplomatic postings were Malaysia, Russia, Ghana, Saudi Arabia and Greece. Now on a private sector sabbatical, advising major Indian companies in overseas strategic initiatives including as President, International Development of a leading Indian Hospital group.
- Girija Pande (Singaporean) - Executive Chairman, Apex Avalon Consulting, Singapore. Former Chairman of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) APAC. Vice Chairman of TCS’ Chinese JV with the Chinese Government and former Executive Chairman of ANZ Grindlays Asset Management Company in India. Former Chairman Singapore India Business Forum.
- Sev Vettivetpillai (British / Sri Lankan) - Member of the Executive and Investment Committee of Abraaj Capital – the world’s leading SME Private Equity House with more than USD7.5 Billion under management worldwide. Former Executive Chairman of Aureos Capital where he headed the 28 offices of Aureos, and investments in 50 emerging market countries through 16 regional private equity funds.
- Piers Willis (British) - Rothschild's Group Executive Vice-Chairman and CEO of South East Asia. Mr Willis was formerly Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) Head of Corporate Advisory for Dresdner Kleinwort and a Board member of ASEAN Bankers for 10 years. One of the most experienced corporate financiers in South East Asia.
- Professor Walter Woon (Singaporean) - Former Attorney-General of Singapore; and before that Solicitor-General of Singapore. Now the first Dean of the Singapore Institute of Legal Education and also the Centre for International Law. Also previously Singapore’s Ambassador to Brussels, the European Union, Germany, Greece and Luxembourg; and before that a Nominated Member of Parliament.
Copyright © 2010 Law Asia. All rights reserved.