Law Asia has an independent International Advisory Council “IAC” of senior figures from industry, finance, government agencies and the professions. The IAC provides wisdom, perspective, feedback, advice, guidance, direction and added focus to Law Asia.
Law Asia International Advisory Council Members:-
- Tan Pheng Hock (Singaporean) - Group President and CEO of ST Engineering, one of Asia’s leading defence, information, communications and engineering MNCs with assets exceeding S$ 7 billion. Sits on numerous advisory Boards including the Economic Development Board of Singapore, the China Singapore Association of Science and Technology, and holds numerous non-Executive Board appointments (including Sembawang Group, Neptune Orient Lines etc.). Awards he holds include the Public Service Medal of Singapore, Asian Leader award by Platinum Circle (2010), the CNBC Asia Talent Management Award (2009) and the first Asian CEO to be awarded the Walter L. Hurd Foundation World Executive Medal by Asia Pacific Quality Organisation (2007). Mr Tan is the Chairman of the Law Asia IAC.
- Dr. Simon Chesterman (Australian) - Dean, Professor at the National University of Singapore Faculty of Law, and Global Professor and Director of the New York University School of Law Singapore Programme. A former Rhodes Scholar, acknowledged expert on International Law and Editor of the Asian Journal of International Law. Formerly Executive Director of NYU's Institute for International Law and Justice; and before that with the United Nations' coordination office for Yugoslavia and the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda.
- YB Dato Amin Rafie (Malaysian) - Managing Director of Plynlymon Capital; formerly Managing Director of Dubai Asia Venture Group ; prior to which he was Chief Executive Officer of Rio Capital Sdn Bhd. Dato Rafie also held positions of Executive Director of Smith Zain Securities, Director of Rashid Hussain Asset Management and General Manager of Mattra Berhad. He was also formerly President of the Malaysia Association of Asset Managers and member of Listing Committee of Bursa Malaysia Bhd.
- Daren Kemp (British) - Managing Partner and Global Chairman of the Strategic Partners Program at Heidrick & Struggles. Previously, he was co-leader for Global Markets for the Asia Pacific region, Hub Leader for South East Asia and Partner-in-Charge of the Singapore office of Heidrick & Struggles. Daren started his financial career with Robert/Jardine Fleming in 1989 where he remained for 12 years working within Emerging Markets in Japan, Hong Kong, London and New York.
- Appiah Dinokaran (Singaporean) - Trusted advisor and successful SME entrepreneur and owner of hotels and restaurants in India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Australia and Singapore. Mr Dinokaran is an India specialist and a Board Member of the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce.
- Marjo Louw (South African) - President of Sasol, Qatar- a USD 2 Billion investment by Sasol and its largest investment abroad. Former Asia Pacific Head of Sasol - Energy, Renewables and Power Specialist; Advisor to Singapore authorities on nuclear energy. Mr Louw is highly experienced in running multi-national businesses in North Asia, SE Asia, Europe and now the Middle East. Mr Louw is a former Chairman of the Singapore- South Africa Business Council.
- Göran Seifert (Swedish) - Managing Director of Anda Pacific, advising European Mid -Caps on Asian business strategy. Former Asia Pacific Head of Italcementi / Ciments Francais Group – listed on the Milan and Paris Exchanges. Current board member of Italcementi Asian Group subsidiaries, with underlying investments exceeding US$1 Bn in India, Thailand and China. Mr Seifert was previously Head of Corporate Regional Operations (Asia Pacific) for Philips Electronics. A Wharton Advanced Management Programme alumnus.
- Graham Soutar (Scottish) - Managing Partner at Sky Mountain Capital Management Group in Hong Kong. Previously Head of Restructuring at Horwath Corporate Advisory Services based in Hong Kong, prior to which was a Senior Partner in an Asian Private Equity Fund and a Corporate Finance partner with Deloittes in Hong Kong. Mr Soutar has 24 years corporate advisory experience.
- Sev Vettivetpillai (Sri Lanka born) - UK based Chief Executive Officer and Chief Information Officer of Aureos Advisers – A leading Private Equity House with US$1.3 billion under management in Asia, Africa and South America. Mr Vettivetpillai heads the 28 offices of Aureos, with investments in 50 emerging market countries through 16 regional private equity funds. Aureos is one of the largest private equity investors in Africa.
- Piers Willis (British) - Rothschild's Chief Executive Officer for South East Asia , and Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Rothschild Malaysia. Mr Willis was formerly Asia Pacific (ex-Japan) Head of Corporate Advisory for Dresdner Kleinwort and a Board member of ASEAN Bankers for 10 years. One of the most experienced corporate financiers in South East Asia.
- Professor Walter Woon (Singaporean) - Former Attorney-General of Singapore; and before that he was Solicitor-General of Singapore. Now the first Dean of the Singapore Institute of Legal Education and also the Centre for International Law. Mr Woon was also previously Singapore’s Ambassador to Brussels, the European Union, Germany, Greece and Luxembourg; and before that a Nominated Member of Parliament.
Copyright © 2010 Law Asia. All rights reserved.